You don't convert a .prel file. A .prel file is a Premiere Elements project file.
You output a video from your project file.
How you do that depends on which version of the program you're using.
Thank you for your reply
The version that I am using is Adobe Premiere Elements
There have been nearly 15 versions of Premiere Elements, Samuel. Each one a little different.
To export in MP4 or mov format, you need to follow these steps -
1. Launch Premiere Elements
2. Add media (drag/drop or using Add media option)
3. Drag the file from Project asset panel to timeline - video track 1
4. Go to Export and Share option on top right corner
5. Click on Devices and then computer
6. Select the export format from Format drop down
7. Enter the File name and export location
8. Click on Save button to export
It will export the file.
I have tried this and it is not working. I am trying to export again right now and it stops at 99%.
I had this problem last week and overcame it by downloading first and then uploading to YouTube, but the file is currently a "prel" and will not upload unless it is an .mov or an .mp4 or something like that. I even converted a video to .mp4 last weekend, but sincerely have 0% idea how I got that done.
Help? And use little words...
As Steve asked, what version of Premiere Elements are you using? 15?
Something is definitely wrong on your system. You're not seeing the entire panel.
What is your monitor's resolution? Some laptops have monitors that are too small to display the entire program and some panels end up truncated.