• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon MXF Transcode for Speedgrade

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have footage shot on a Canon XC10 in 4K 29FPS. I'd like to color correct the raw video BEFORE I begin editing and render out new working raw files for use in premiere pro.

I'm using ME CC and am having a hard time finding an appropriate file format. I tried AVI and the file ends up being a massive 1GB per second of footage. For now I converted to a PNG sequence and am correct that way but there has to be a different way.

I'm on Windows 10 with AME CC 2017.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Problem you'll run into there is I don't think SpeedGrade 2015.1 (last version) has a 4k output available, in "Native" mode.

To use SpeedGrade with that, and end up with 4k, the only two ways I know are use PrPro CC2015.2 and simply load clips on a sequence, then do a direct "Send to SpeedGrade" process, grade the clips, then you can work or export them, or use CC2017, load the clips on a sequence, and use fellow user Patrick's little app/process to mod the project file for use in SpeedGrade 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem you'll run into there is I don't think SpeedGrade 2015.1 (last version) has a 4k output available, in "Native" mode.

To use SpeedGrade with that, and end up with 4k, the only two ways I know are use PrPro CC2015.2 and simply load clips on a sequence, then do a direct "Send to SpeedGrade" process, grade the clips, then you can work or export them, or use CC2017, load the clips on a sequence, and use fellow user Patrick's little app/process to mod the project file for use in SpeedGrade 2015.1 out & back again in a Direct Link process.

I've tested that with some 4k, and it works fine. Not an "officially approved" process by Adobe, but it works ... for a small fee. Here's a thread on that ... on the SpeedGrade forum:

Update: My little Speedgrade/Premiere Project Converter still works with 2017

Other than that, maybe Kevin-Monahan​ might know of a codec that Sg-2015.1 can render in a 4k size ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SpeedGrade will be happy in 4K if you deliver it the right codec. Cineform (in QuickTime) is a good cross platform one that Adobe Media Encoder has build in. The 10-bit one will be fine. But as you discovered, the file size explodes. So you will need a big and FAST raid setup to actually work with it.

Screenshot 2017-01-06 15.20.11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey ... hi there!

I tried a couple clips of 4k in SpeedGrade yesterday, and did test render-out of a couple of different codecs including Cineform ... but got 1920-1080 results, except for once, where I got a 1280-720.

Ideas for getting 4k ​out​ of SpeedGrade native?

I tried the converter app listed on this forum using a 4k PrPro project and that did work well. And fast.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines