• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Direction of CJK Fonts in Indesign CC 2017

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get CJK fonts to flow from right to let and down the page? I'm sure this has been dealt with before but I can't find the answer, sorry.

Piers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Barb, those comments apply to RTL languages like Arabic or Hebrew, but not to CJK (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) languages. If you can read any one of those languages, you can install that localization of InDesign easily. But if you only read English, that won't work.

The best ways to do vertical RTL layout in CJK languages are to either install World Tools Pro from in-tools.com, or to download the CJK templates from TransPacific Digital. I would post links, Piers, but I'm on my phone and in a rush

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the English version of InDesign CC 2017? If so, scroll down past the new features and read comments 1–3 on this page.

http://indesignsecrets.com/whats-new-with-indesign-cc-2017.php

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barb, those comments apply to RTL languages like Arabic or Hebrew, but not to CJK (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) languages. If you can read any one of those languages, you can install that localization of InDesign easily. But if you only read English, that won't work.

The best ways to do vertical RTL layout in CJK languages are to either install World Tools Pro from in-tools.com, or to download the CJK templates from TransPacific Digital. I would post links, Piers, but I'm on my phone and in a rush. If you can't find 'em, post again and i will track them down when i am at a "real computer."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the clarification, Joel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a basic CJK layout you don't need a special InDesign Version.

Like Joel mentioned you will need the templates from TransPacificDigital: TransPacificDigital: Downloads

Be sure to read and understand the included ReadMe files.

Btw: aren't CJK languages from the left to the right and from the top to the button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to everyone.  Joel, I'd actually got these templates on my computer, but it's been two or three years since I'd used them. For some reason I didn't have the PdF instruction sheet and I'd forgotten they worked. Blockstation, CJK fonts can usually flow in any direction except up (which would be upside down ).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines