2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2017 9:22 AM by Markus Ceh

More than two eyes in one puppet

Markus Ceh

Hi,

I need more than two eyes. To be exact, I need four eyes in one puppet. Two left and two right eyes. Both left eyes, as well as both right eyes should behave exactly the same. That means if I blink with my left eye, both left eyes of the puppet should blink.

I thought this would be easy to set up, but it isn’t. If I call the second left Eye “Left Eye”, it is declared as a left eye in the tags-panel, but it has not the webcam triggered behaviour. Instead its name gets a “2” added (“Left Eye 2”) and it gets a handle and a grayed out Text behind it’s name “| +Left Eye 2”.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to manually bind the second left eye to the left eye-camera tracking?

Please don’t suggest putting them together in a single group called “+Left Eye”. This won’t work in my case.

Thank you!

Cheers,

Markus

• 1. Re: More than two eyes in one puppet
          oksamurai Employee Moderator

Check out the puppet Shmarflop in this pack, he has 3 eyes: http://adobe.ly/297v7Wg

If I remember correctly, you can only have one eye per view, so I tricked it by making it think the 3rd eye and 3rd eyebrow were part of a quarter view (just tagged them right quarter, as you can see in the puppet file). Agreed, this should be easier - I think they might have done it the way it is because people we accidentally tagging a bunch of things as eyes and messing up performance.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: More than two eyes in one puppet
            Markus Ceh Level 1

Thank you! This works.

For future reference: I also had to assign the Eyebrows (all) to a quarter view. Otherwise they wouldn’t have worked anymore. And all this seemed to have triggered a bug or something that made the pupils not work anymore. After half an hour trying a lot of stuff I discovered that restarting CA was the solution ;-)

It’s obviously a beta, but already shows great potential as a new tool in Adobes portfolio. Thank you for working so close with your users on this.