3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2017 8:35 AM by kerrishotts

Launch storyboard images in iOS

harrycslau Level 1

According to the documentation, Cordova splash plugin now supports "launch storyboard images" as splash screen.

GitHub - apache/cordova-plugin-splashscreen: Mirror of Apache Cordova Plugin splashscreen

However, Phonegap documentation on splash screen does not mention about this.

Icons and Splash | PhoneGap Docs

Also, I tried to use the following code in config.xml for Phonegap Build (via phonegap remote --no-proxy build ios).

<splash src="res/screen/ios/Default@2x~universal~anyany.png" />

However, I received the following error message in log:

/tmp/gimlet/2414909/project/XXXXXXXX/Images.xcassets:./LaunchImage.launchimage/[iphone][][ 1x][portrait][full-screen][]: warning: LaunchImage.launchimage/Default~iphone.png is 2732x2732 but should be 320x480.

This seems further confirmed that Phonegap Build does NOT support launching storyboard images. Anyone have similar experience? If it is really not supported right now, anyone know if there is any plan to support this in the future? Thanks!

• 1. Re: Launch storyboard images in iOS
          kerrishotts Adobe Community Professional

Launch storyboards were fully supported in `cordova-ios@4.3.1`. PhoneGap Build is still using `cordova-ios@4.3.0`, as seen here: https://build.phonegap.com/current-support

Until PhoneGap Build supports `cordova-ios@4.3.1`, launch storyboards will definitely not work. I'm not staff, so I can't give any estimation as to when support might happen.

Sorry :-(

• 2. Re: Launch storyboard images in iOS
            taywagmbh Level 1

same problem 3 months later: i am using phonegap cli-6.5.0 and it should use the 4.3.1 version for ios. but i get the same error message in my log and the default launchimage when i test the app on an ipad2.

as the "cordova-plugin-splashscreen" documentation suggest, i added 6 files in the <platform name="ios"> section of my configuration:

<splash src="www/res/screen/ios/Default@2x~universal~anyany.png" />
            <splash src="www/res/screen/ios/Default@2x~universal~comany.png" />
            <splash src="www/res/screen/ios/Default@2x~universal~comcom.png" />
            <splash src="www/res/screen/ios/Default@3x~universal~anyany.png" />
            <splash src="www/res/screen/ios/Default@3x~universal~anycom.png" />
            <splash src="www/res/screen/ios/Default@3x~universal~comany.png" />

my config.xml is in the root folder with the www folder. hence the www in the src attribute since i read that the path should be relative to the config.xml file. i think it found the files because it noticed, that the resolution is 2732x2732.

did anybody get that to work?

• 3. Re: Launch storyboard images in iOS
              kerrishotts Adobe Community Professional

Unfortunately, PGB does not currently support launch storyboards. I don't have any information as to when that might change.

If you want storyboard support, you'll have to build locally ATM.