Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wait for LR 7 or buy LR 6

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

may it be advising to buy now a LR6 Version, or shall I wait for the LR7. I don't like to pay now over 100 Euros, and the Adobe will present the LR 7 in Februaray or March. (The CC version is no option)

Best regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

hollah36067417 wrote:

Hi,

may it be advising to buy now a LR6 Version, or shall I wait for the LR7. I don't like to pay now over 100 Euros, and the Adobe will present the LR 7 in Februaray or March. (The CC version is no option)

Best regards

No one knows when LR 7 will be released (or even if it will be released). Your problem boils down to making a decision with no relevant information about the future of Lightroom. I don't think any advice is meaningful in that situation. It's all speculation.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not CC version? It is only £9 per month (=2 pints of beer) and you get Photoshop thrown in as well, which is worth far more than LR! Plus you get to Beta-test all the stuff that will eventually be in LR 7/CC2017!!!

Bob Frost

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hollah36067417 wrote:

Hi,

Best regards

No one knows when LR 7 will be released (or even if it will be released). Your problem boils down to making a decision with no relevant information about the future of Lightroom. I don't think any advice is meaningful in that situation. It's all speculation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hollah36067417 wrote:

Hi,

Best regards

Just in case you have a misconception of the CC version, I'd like to point out that it is the very same version of Lightroom, installed locally on your computer, runs locally on your computer, images are saved locally on your computer. You get the extra features that have been added to the CC version. If you are aware of this already, I apologize.

As far as waiting for Lightroom 7 is concerned, that will have to be your decision to make. There have been no indications as to whether or not there will even be a Lightroom 7. That doesn't mean that there won't be. But you might be waiting a long time to find out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines