• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crop / resize page to letter size Acrobat DC

Contributor ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an app that creates a strangely-sized PDF. In Acrobat DC, I'd like to be able to:

• Resize it to 8.5" x 11"
  • Have print margins on the top and sides (so they don't get cut off when printed)

I haven't been able to figure out how to do this in Acrobat DC. The Crop Tool isn't constrained to any set proportions.

Acrobat DC crop pages to letter size 1a.png

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Take a look at this recent questions, I provided more information about how to use the Preflight tool to resize PDF pages.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2257926

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Preflight Tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at this recent questions, I provided more information about how to use the Preflight tool to resize PDF pages.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2257926

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Karl! This is helpful. However, I wish it wasn't so difficult to resize a PDF to letter size in DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too, but keep in mind that this was not even possible before DC came around: This is a new feature in Acrobat's Preflight that was introduced in DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually used to Print to PDF. For simple docs that weren't going to print, it used to work ok and was much simpler. I loved the Reduce File Size feature in Acrobat 7; I'm not as happy with the one in DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is old. Just thought I would put it here.

I just "printed" the document and set it to "fit" in the print dialog setup to print letter size. I saved it as a PDF from the print dialog and this quickly solved the issue for me. 

The preflight tool on Adobe Acrobat DC for me was convoluted and in the scale dialog, it only had the long side and short side fields to enter a number with no other options (for example, inches, pixels, etc.) So I had no idea what values to enter to make it letter size or any size for that matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would mark this as the correct answer for most casual users rather than preflight. Print to PDF is the easiest way to resize. The fit option won't leave you margins. If you want margins use the Custom Scale resize, there is a little preview window that lets you see how the page is resized based on the scale you choose. Just keep changing the scale until you see the margins you are looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Print to PDF will remove all interactive features of the PDF file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines