1 Reply Latest reply on May 18, 2006 9:36 AM by Newsgroup_User

Registration Points

ni9e
      Hey all,

Is it possible to change the Default registration point when tweening? I know you can change the point if you convert to symbol and choose one of the 9 boxes. But can you apply that setting universally. When you tween without converting to symbol the default reg point is in the center, which most of the time give the object inside some pretty weird coordinates (x= 142.6 y = 28.2). My goal is to have the object inside the tween sit at x = 0, y = 0 without having to go inside the tween and check the coordinates everytime.

Thanks for your time,

TJ
        • 1. Re: Registration Points
          Level 7
          first of all - never tween without converting to symbols first - flash auto-generates them but as
          you experienced, you will lose some control over file name and registration - before you start
          tweening convert to a symbol and then edit the symbol and place object where you want it. You can
          also use the Free Transform tool to edit the center of an "instance" - but make sure when motion
          tweening that center point is EXACTLY the same between instances or "drifting" will occur.

--> Adobe Certified Expert *ACE*
          --> www.mudbubble.com
          --> www.keyframer.com

ni9e wrote:
          > Hey all,
          >
          > Is it possible to change the Default registration point when tweening? I know
          > you can change the point if you convert to symbol and choose one of the 9
          > boxes. But can you apply that setting universally. When you tween without
          > converting to symbol the default reg point is in the center, which most of the
          > time give the object inside some pretty weird coordinates (x= 142.6 y = 28.2).
          > My goal is to have the object inside the tween sit at x = 0, y = 0 without
          > having to go inside the tween and check the coordinates everytime.
          >
          > Thanks for your time,
          >
          > TJ
          >
          >