7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2017 9:52 AM by Ann Bens

Can anyone advise on getting system up to speed for CC tasks?

Digitisr

Hi, all.

Apologies if this is the wrong forum for this, but how can I improve my system for CC? Things are slowly beginning to take off for me as a freelance illustrator, but I'm finding my computer is not coping very well. Illustrator gets slow (which I hear is nothing new), but other apps, like PS and InDesign don't seem as snappy as it could be, amongst other things. Especially when compared to a friend's Surface Pro (2 or 3 I am not sure) running the same apps (with lots of things in the background).

I've built a couple of systems in the past, but never for a specific task like a CC Workstation. I am at the stage where I'd like things to just work smoothly I mainly use Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign, but would like to use more (video editing, animation, etc.).

Now, I think that my computer should be able to handle more, but I am only semi-techno-savvy.

My current system is:

• Intel Core i7-4770K @ 3.5 GHz 64bit (Haswell)
      • Motherboard Asus Z87-K
      • 16GB DDR RAM
      • Nvidia GTX 760 (4GB GDDR RAM)
      • SSD for OS and working files

I'd just like to know if there's anything I can do to get my current system up to par for work and perhaps handle a Cintiq if things keep going well.

Many thanks to anyone willing to indulge my question.

Regards.