2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2017 11:40 AM by oksamurai

Two part arms

Q4T Level 1

I rigged my arms into two sections, above the elbow, and below the elbow. However, when I rewatched the tutorial I learned that the standard method is to have the arm be one image, and have that image bend from within character animator.

Is there away, either in the current version or the next big update, to have two-part arms that are dragable from the hands? (I just don't like the lack of control I have over how the elbow looks in the current method.)

• 1. Re: Two part arms
          oksamurai Employee Moderator

I think there's a way with stapling and hinging parts together - I saw someone do it with a paper doll style puppet before - but truth be told it's not going to be a full inverse kinematics system (yet) like I think you're going for. For CH's current limitations I'd say having one arm with two draggables (in the hand and elbow) is the best way to go for better control (at least for recorded pieces).

• 2. Re: Two part arms
            Q4T Level 1

Yes, that's what I thought I'd have to do. It will be frustrating when I know the distance I want the character to reach, but not the required angles to get there, but I guess I'll just wait for the next update