• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 compatibility

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen many conflicting reports on the internet regarding Lightroom 6 standalone program compatibility.

Can anyone please tell me if it will run correctly on a MS Windows 7 64bit computer (SP1) with AMD Athlon II x4 630 processor?

Many thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Lightroom 6 will run on Windows 7  64bit operating systems. The exact specifications you need are System requirements for Photoshop Lightroom for Mac and Windows OS .

Please note that if you have the miniumum requirements, or you have a slow CPU, you will find that Lightroom doesn't run very quickly. Your CPU is extremely slow by today's standards and so that will probably mean that Lightroom runs slowly.

However, you should definitely try the 7-day free trial to see exactly how fast or how slow i

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6 will run on Windows 7  64bit operating systems. The exact specifications you need are System requirements for Photoshop Lightroom for Mac and Windows OS .

Please note that if you have the miniumum requirements, or you have a slow CPU, you will find that Lightroom doesn't run very quickly. Your CPU is extremely slow by today's standards and so that will probably mean that Lightroom runs slowly.

However, you should definitely try the 7-day free trial to see exactly how fast or how slow it will be on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your fast reply. Much appreciated. I am currently using Lightroom 5 (with sufficient speed) but its not compatible with RAW files from my new Nikon D500. Looks like I'm forced to upgrade but don't want or need CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ivorp49 wrote:

Looks like I'm forced to upgrade but don't want or need CC.

That's just plain wrong.

You are not forced to upgrade, you could use the free Adobe DNG Converter and continue to use LR 5; and if you decide to upgrade, you don't have to upgrade to LR CC, you could upgrade to LR 6.

Why don't you try the 7day free trial of LR 6 and see for yourself how fast it will be on your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, 'forced to upgrade' was the wrong phrase to use. I appreciate I can use the DNG converter but I personally don't want to go down that route. I also realise that I can buy the stand alone program but when I looked on Amazon, it only stated compatibility with Windows 8 platform. That is why I posted my original question about running it on Windows 7.

Your suggestion of downloading the 7 day free trial is excellent. Many thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines