• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Lightroom changing file names when exporting? How I can I stop it?

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok.. So I am still new to LR CC & 6 but have used 2.7 for a while now. I just noticed that when I am exporting jpegs (to a new folder inside the original folder) LR adds an under score "_" at the end of each file now. I have the existing file option set "as overwrite w/o warning" but have also tried "ask what to do"  (but LR is creating the folder anyway so there aren't any duplicates). This doesn't happen in 2.7 and I would really like to figure out how to stop it from doing this, since I use these adjusted jpegs to overwrite the originals and now I can't just move them into the original folder since they are now all different. I am a printer and use LR a lot to re-size images in bulk so they load faster in other programs (I don't need the larger files for quality). Any help would be appreciated!   

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Please post a screen shot of the whole Export dialog window with all sections expanded.

Like this.

Export Dialog 5.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Export dialog, check to see if you have the "rename" option turned on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the rename box is un-checked. Thanks for the suggestion though! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screen shot of the whole Export dialog window with all sections expanded.

Like this.

Export Dialog 5.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the tips and info, Lightroom seems to be working fine and it was just doing that with one folder so I have just re-imported those pics and all is fine now!

Thank you again for the suggestions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines