• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

End user complication

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2009 Jan 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created an entire help system for a suite of applications. When I delivered the "chm" file, I also delivered the HHActiveX.DLL file. The problem is: In composing the help system, I setup two windows. One window topic is designed to stay on top as a control help, and the other topics are included in the Main Window System. This works as it should on my system, but when the end user opens it, the window that designed to only show the one topic with no navigational pane, opens with the navigations. Can someone tell me what I can do to fix this for the end user? I selected the "always on top" for the small window that holds the one guidance topic, but it still opens on the end user's system with the navigation pain. Please help if you can. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2009 Jan 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Mary and welcome to the RH community.
What is not clear to me is how both windows are opened. I'm assuming you have some code/script added to the CHM or the application to open the small window whenever the main CHM is opened? Can you give us a bit more detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp