3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2017 5:06 PM by ShutterofSunshine

Is it not possible to create an export action?

ShutterofSunshine

I shoot and edit my photos in Adobe 1998 colorspace. However, I prefer to send my digitals to my client in sRGB. But I send my prints in Adobe 1998. I would like to create a save or export action to create both images with a click of a button. Is this not possible?

• 1. Re: Is it not possible to create an export action?
          D Fosse Adobe Community Professional & MVP

IP.png

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Is it not possible to create an export action?
            Benjamin Root MVP & Adobe Community Professional

If you want to use an action: You could set up two actions: One which saves without converting the colorspace, and another which converts the image to sRGB before saving. Then you just need to start the Adobe RGB process for the lab, brew some coffee while they save, then start the second sRGB batch for the client.

Another way to do it...and I must warn you it's an odd one...Would be to create two Save As commends within an action. So it'd be, for instance:

• Flatten Image
            • Save As (JPEG; Quality 10)
            • Convert Colorspace (sRGB)
            • Save As (JPEG; Quality 10)
            • Close (Saving: No)

You'd then select the action to run in the Batch script. BUT, (here comes the crude part) between the file naming options of "Document Name" and "extension", you'll need to add a letter such as "a". By doing this, the second save step will add a second "a" to the name, rather than overwriting the newly created "DocName(letter)extension." Yep, a bit odd, but, perhaps, you won't mind an odd workaround

Other than that, I'd point you to Photoshop Scripting, where you may be able to figure out a custom script which would do all the tasks you wish, along with proper file naming, and even saving to different folders. I cannot say for sure, as my scripting knowledge to close to zero.

Hope this helps!

• 3. Re: Is it not possible to create an export action?
              ShutterofSunshine Level 1

Awesome, thanks for your help!