• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Lightroom CC20015.8 release lr cat issues Mac OS Sierra

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just upgraded to Release 8 having last uploaded images at the end of October 2016. I uploaded some new images and found after back up that my main catalogue containing 9000 images could not be opened as it is now a Zip file. I am currently trying to restore the old catalogue, but the thumbnails appear to be in a perpetual update with some imaged greyed out. I can no longer scroll through as I used to be able to before, and had no issues before this latest release. Does anybody have a solution please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I understand. You shouldn't have to work with backups to open your catalog file, or restore the old catalog.

Could you explain in a lot more detail, leaving no steps out, what you did?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon and thanks for getting back quickly.

1. Opened LR for first time since end Oct 2016.

2. Uploaded some images.

3. Exited Lightroom.

4. Saw warning applet that Catalog size is >4gb.

5. Continued.

6. Reopened LR to find only the latest uploaded pics in the catalogue.

7. Tried to restore the last October backup.

8. Loads LR, but catalogue is perpetually greying out then updating thumbnails.

9. Unable to smoothly scroll through the catalogue as I did the last time I used it.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A catalog with 9000 images cannot be larger than 4 GB. Unfortunately,  the error message you received is a bug that needs to be fixed in the next update. That warning really says that a catalog cannot be larger than 4 GB. It isn't reporting the size of your catalog. On that warning dialog, there is an option to not show it again. You should choose that option and just ignore the warning. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next update. If you still have the original catalog I would suggest that you just continue using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim,

I have opened and backed up the catalogue that was working before this issue and have checked the 'Do Not Show Me Again' box on the file size warning. The vast majority of my thumbnails (although numbered) remain greyed out, and as I scroll back through most disappear. LR is inoperable at this time. I am open to suggestions as I have my first big shoot of the year this coming Thursday.

Yours hopefully

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there question mark icons on your folders or exclamation point icons on your photographs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I had over 2300 missing photographs, and have managed to get this down to 964. However, when I try and switch back to All Photographs the program slows to a crawl. At this time LR is worthless. I have used it since Ver 1, and have never had a bigger problem as this, which is a shame because I am now relying on it to help me earn living.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

richardg47431338 wrote:

Yes. I had over 2300 missing photographs, and have managed to get this down to 964. However, when I try and switch back to All Photographs the program slows to a crawl.

At this time, perhaps you should just let Lightroom run for a few hours, it is most likely generating thumbnails for your photos and this could take a while and slow everything down. If that is the proper diagnosis, then once the thumbnails are generated your Lightroom should work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Will leave it overnight and let you know.

Many thanks for your assistance.

Regards

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, make sure Face recognition is turned off, and that Lightroom synchronizing with Lightroom Mobile is turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have left the catalogue to rebuild overnight and there is no improvement.

Just to reiterate LR is unserviceable at this time. I have wasted the entire weekend trying to put this right.

Could you please confirm what the likely cause is so I can determine what effective steps to take to get back to where I was.

I have invested a considerable amount of time and effort into building up my catalogue which has now been rendered useless.

I am no stranger to LR having used it since Ver 1.0, but I regret to say that at this time I am considering scrapping my affiliation with it due to this latest glitch. I am only too pleased that I did not have a Wedding shoot this weekend.

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines