1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 7, 2018 2:51 PM by kentRda

I hate the creative cloud.

davidp99347529

I have just graduated my Masters at University.

All the design was supposed to be done in the creative cloud on university computers.

I HATED it.

Nothing is where it should be.

Everything took way longer than it should have.

So I abandoned the cloud and went back to Fireworks.

Apart from using a virtual machine and installing a trial version every thirty days.

How can I run this ancient piece of software that nobody wants, that I love because:-

I have invested YEARS in learning how to use it.

It does EXACTLY what I need, no extra bells, whistles or bloat

It runs on any old computer I have around, with or WITHOUT internet access.

• 1. Re: I hate the creative cloud.
          kentRda Level 1

I also hate it...a LOT!   My wife is an underwater still photographer and I shoot underwater video.   The majority of the time, we are out at sea and do not have internet.   If we do have internet (such as when we are near a port) it is limited and slow. (Working on the/a cloud is out of the question).   When I am not at sea, I am not going to subscribe to a service that I will only use a few days of the year.   I have a very capable computer and do not need, or want to use a remote computer (and the internet) to do our photo processing.  As stated above, it is slower and more cumbersome.  When I work, I want to work on MY computer.  We've switched to other brands of still and video processing/editing software.