• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re-generate / reapply healing brush work on an updated source image?

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello gang,

On this portrait ground work was done in Lightroom and fine details work in Photoshop where I removed some imperfections, soften wrinkles, etc. (using blank layers)

Now they decided to go with a completely different look for the photo and we've generated a new LR output. Back in Photoshop now all the spot healing brush doesn't work of course because the source image has changed.

I was wondering if there would be a way to tell photoshop to re-generate the healing brush work by sampling the new updated layer? It's the exact same photo only colors, contrast and shadows/highlights have changed.

I assume this is a common issue with people but couldn't confirm if I had to start from scratch or not.

Thanks much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

No and no. Your workflow is simply unsuitable. You would generate a "neutral" image in LR and do any grading and stylization in PS and of course when doing so would employ proper technique by using duplicate layers with masks, frequency separation and all the good stuff that allows to work "non-destructively" within a certain range and transfer results to updated underneath layers. As it is, you simply have to start over.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No and no. Your workflow is simply unsuitable. You would generate a "neutral" image in LR and do any grading and stylization in PS and of course when doing so would employ proper technique by using duplicate layers with masks, frequency separation and all the good stuff that allows to work "non-destructively" within a certain range and transfer results to updated underneath layers. As it is, you simply have to start over.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're right, my workflow was unsuitable, thank you. I am discovering frequency separation and wow !...  I had been editing in prehistoric times!

Hopefully people doing the same mistakes I was and looking for a way to fix them will stumble here...

Thanks Mylenium!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines