Exit

Slow Open Mystery

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two Macs -

• an iMac (Mid 2011, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3) and
  • a 13" Macbook Pro (with Retina display, dual-core Intel Core i7 processor 2.9GHz, 8GB RAM, 512GB flash storage, Intel HD Graphics 4000).

I have Creative Cloud installed on both with the same version of Lightroom CC. I have my LR catalog stored in Dropbox, which is synced to both computers.

Here's the problem: on my Macbook Pro, my LR Library opens in around 15 seconds. On my iMac, the very same library takes over 3 minutes to open. I understand that my iMac hard drive and processor are slower than the Macbook Pro, but I wouldn't expect the difference to be so dramatic. I believe that it did not used to be this way, and that something may have happened on my iMac to slow Lightroom down so much. I have done a fresh install of Dropbox, but that has not fixed the problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

I think it has something to do with storing your catalog file on dropbox. Try moving it to a local folder that is not linked to dropbox and test.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it has something to do with storing your catalog file on dropbox. Try moving it to a local folder that is not linked to dropbox and test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines