• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR and ACR making unwanted adjustments to RAW files - HELP!

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  Currently when I open RAW files in ACR or LR, there are automatic adjustments being applied.  They are strong and very much unwanted (like a bad insta filter).  I have tried working around it by just resetting the image in LR but the adjustments stay.  I am at a complete loss about what is going on.  Everything from highlights and saturation to grain are being affected.   The exact same situation in ACR.  What am I missing?  HELP!

Not sure if I was clear, but an example of the changes when in the develop module would be.

Highlights -53

Shadows +40

Whites -33

Blacks +22

Clarity -5

Saturation -41

Grain 15

Why are these not all at zero?!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

You have probably set both LR and ACR to new Defaults for the camera you are using.

In LR go to the develop module then the Develop menu item and select Set default settings. In the dialog box that comes up select the "Restore Adobe Default Settings" buttons. That will clear up your problem for future imports.

In ACR click the menu lines in the upper right hand corner just below the adjustments bar and select "Reset Adobe Camera RAW Defaults"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:  Just continuing to try and figure this out.  When I go back to older LR catalogs, they still seem to be working properly.  In camera calibration I have both the new problem catalog and the old one set to 2012 (current) and Adobe Standard. 

in Library module both are set to default settings, white balance as shot.

When I look at the adjustments on the older catalog, everything is set to 0, as normal.

I am completely stumped, frustrated and now I will have an angry client because I can't finish these photos.  UGH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are probably (accidentally) applying a preset at Import. Turn this off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No presets are being applied.  Import presets are set to 'none'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Develop Module, go to the menu command Develop->Set Default Settings ... and then click on Restore to Adobe Default

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have probably set both LR and ACR to new Defaults for the camera you are using.

In LR go to the develop module then the Develop menu item and select Set default settings. In the dialog box that comes up select the "Restore Adobe Default Settings" buttons. That will clear up your problem for future imports.

In ACR click the menu lines in the upper right hand corner just below the adjustments bar and select "Reset Adobe Camera RAW Defaults"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines