• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to have control over 3d object positioning

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im trying to do something like this: 3D Website Display Photoshop Action - YouTube

where theres 3 objects (each of them are thin pages), and they are lined up like what is shown at that video at time 2:00...

how do i do this? ive followed tutorials like this 1 Place a Website Mockup in 3D Perspective with Photoshop - YouTube

but unfortunately it doesnt teach u about how to control exactly how to position the 3d objects so it produces a certain result because the tutorial has all the pages angled the same, theres no need for fine-tune adjustment

help would be much appreciated, i am a noob so...if u can, plz explain it in a way that i can understand

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you could just use the 3D widgets whenever a 3D mesh is selected or the respective 3D Move/ Rotate/ Scale tools? Perhaps a short excursion to the help files rather than just watching tutorials?

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The example you linked to is not really 3D in as much as the camera/view does not move through 3D space, but the stacked individual layers are fixed in relation to each other, which makes it reasonably simply.  On the other hand, you are talking about websites, and I strongly suspect there is a lot of software out there that would make this a cinch. 

How about starting a parallel question in the Dreamweaver forum?  It's unusual for a 'how to do it' question to go so long before the first answer in this forum, so you've got nothing to loose.

Dreamweaver support forum

If all else fails, we can tell you how make the static 3D layers from your example video using Photoshop.  It's not terribly difficult, but there are a few steps so it would take someone a bit of time.

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That example has not been done in 3D.

It is taking layers and simulating 3D by transforming them and adding layer styles (e.g. shadows)

I suggest you look at Edit - Transform - Perspective, Edit-Transform-Scale   and  Layers Styles -drop Shadow.

The example below was done in just a few minutes using only those tools. With some more work you could make it look better

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines