• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 15: Auto Smart Tone with Numbered Stills clip

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the Auto Smart Tone tool but have found that it will not work with any media added as "numbered stills".  I have scanned 8mm movie film frame by frame saved as individual 720p tiff files.  I'm able to add these numbered stills and work with them fine in Premiere Elements 15, however, the Auto Smart Tone tool does not work with the any clip that is made up of numbered stills.  When I "Apply" or "Custom" for Auto Smart Tone nothing happens.  I tried "Clean Auto Smart Tone Learning" function under Preferences with no effect.  Auto Smart Tone works fine when working with media that is a video file (i.e. mov file, etc).  The problem seems to be limited to media from numbered stills only.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if I got the problem right here or not. What do you mean by Numbered Still. Auto Smart Tone is supposed to work for both Video and Images. If those clips are grouped together then probably you are seeing the Adjustments panel blank.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think OP has what we would call an image sequence. A clip consisting of (numbered) stills as you would in a timelaps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a Single clip made up of numbered stills.  It looks to me like Auto Smart Tone will not work with a clip made up of numbered stills.  I can export the numbered stills clip as a movie (mp4, etc.), then import that clip and Auto Smart Tone works fine on the clip made from the mp4 file.  So this seems to be a limitation of Auto Smart Tools, that it does not support (work) on a single clip which is made up of numbered stills.  Is this the case?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's a group consisting of more than one clip, then it is the limitation of Adjustments panel and not Auto Smart Tone. You will need to unlink that to individual clips and apply Adjustments one by one. Or, efficient way to achieve the same would be to apply Adjustments on one clip, copy that clip and then multi-select other clips, right-click and choose "Paste Adjustments and Effects".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines