• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having issues importing photos to lightroom 6 from memory card, I'm very new at this program.

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just downloaded Lightroom 6, I am having issues importing images from my Nikon D750 memory card.  When I open up Lightroom 6 and then install my card reader w memory card it show that my source is the Nikon D750 memory card. I then select Copy as DNG - to Macintosh HD then I selected options from the righthand side, under file handling i selected previews "minimal"  the subfolder name was 4048.  When I start to import the images it seems like it is doing the task I asked of it BUT  I get a screen that states  " The following files wee not imported because they could not be read.  then I get a screen that has the LR logo saying NO SMART PREVIEWS WERE BUILT!!!!!! Any idea what I am doing wrong. It also happen when I use my Sony NEX 7.

I have no issues importing images to Photos on my Mac! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

"Could not be read" indicates the folder you are choosing "4048" does not have write permission in your operating system. SO change the permission to WRITE; or try a different destination folder in a different location.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Could not be read" indicates the folder you are choosing "4048" does not have write permission in your operating system. SO change the permission to WRITE; or try a different destination folder in a different location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most common problem for "cannot be read" errors is a file system permissions problem on the destination folder.

Using Finder, make sure you have READ and WRITE access to the destination folder and to its parent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this is going to sound very stupid but I went to finders it was like I had blinders on. I am doing this for my husband. I downloaded this Lightroom program and I hate it already. I have no idea how to change Read or write on this thing.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines