0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2017 4:55 PM by jbsavitz

How to stop Adobe Digital Editions from duplicating e-books

jbsavitz

Hi,

I use a couple of programs to manage my non-DRM e-book collection.  I use Calibre on Windows and Calibre Companion on Android.  Both are good at passing the e-book to ADE and ADE copies the e-book to the My Digital Editions or Digital Editions folders on Windows and Android.  Having the e-book resident in these folders allows me to make annotations and highlights to the e-book which go into the annotations folder.

The issue that I encounter on both the Windows and Android platforms is when I attempt to open an e-book via a program which in turn activate ADE and the e-book is already present in the My Digital Editions or Digital editions folders, then ADE will create a new copy of the e-book in the folder.  What this does is cause me to loose my annotations and highlighting from the last reading session with the e-book.

I don't know why ADE does this.  What would make sense is to have ADE check to see if the e-book is already present in the My Digital Editions or Digital Editions folder and if so, then just open the existing copy and not create a new one.

I don't understand why ADE was created with this kind of functionality or what the purpose of it is.

If anyone can provide some insight and/or any thoughts about this I would be very appreciative.

Thank you all for your posts.

Regards,

Jim Savitz