3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2017 2:20 PM by Evander2

Program will not burn DVD in Premiere Elements15

moonpie001 Level 1

Hello folks, I have had 6 editions of PE the latest being 15.  I use Windows 7 as an operating system and have and I7 intel processor and 16 GB Ram 4T of storage so things should be ok from a hardware issue.

My DVD burner, however, does not support BlueRay but I don't mind burning at lower resolution because of smaller screen size I have at the house.  I can not for the life of me get the DVD burner to work with this PE15.  It worked fine when I burned in PE13.  I have tried many things, it seems like the program does not see or recognize my DVD burner.  I tried a newer burner I used for laptops and different brand with no success.  I think the issue is in hardware settings, will insert a screenshot, give me some suggestions, please?  The brand DVDs I burned with PE13 do not burn in PE15, I have tried 7 different brands to date. I tried to burn the movie to my hard drive and have another program burn it, this also did not work.  Will check in the morning for hardware updates.  I am a bit stumped on this one. I appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

Rich

PE15 problem.jpg

• 1. Re: Program will not burn DVD in Premiere Elements15
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Try going to your computer manufacturer's web site (HP, Dell, etc.) and downloading from their support site the latest drivers for your hardware -- especially for your DVD burner. Don't trust Windows 7 to do it.

Also, go to Windows Update and ensure that you have all of the Windows and Microsoft Updates that are available, including those that don't install automatically.

• 2. Re: Program will not burn DVD in Premiere Elements15
            moonpie001 Level 1

Thank you Steve for your response.  I contacted tech support at Adobe this morning, in addition to your recommendations, they admit that there is a technical issue they are working on with compatibility and PE15.  "Neeraj: Hi Richard, This is a known issue & Engineering is already working on it to make the program compatible with all the burners available in the market. Unfortunately, there is no ETA as of now to fix this issue permanently but you can use a workaround for this. You can export the project as an ISO & use a third party program to burn it to the Disc. Imgburn is a free program available on internet that you can use"

I tried this solution using Nero and everything worked fine including my menus and scene markers.  Thank you Steve for all you do.  I don't know if they will ever fix this or not but it is no big deal to follow the protocol above.

Rich

• 3. Re: Program will not burn DVD in Premiere Elements15
              Evander2 Level 1

I've been experiencing the exact problem listed above.  I downloaded and installed Imgburn and I was able to burn my DVDs. However, this is a cumbersome process and not how I hope to operate in the future.  I'm considering purchasing and installing an external burner but this was not what I expected when I upgraded to 15.  Hopefully, Adobe will either issue a fix or will at least test the product a bit more before releasing it.

I've used Adobe products for many years and have been very pleased. However, I'm a bit disappointed at this time