2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2017 7:22 AM by Steve Nicholl

Sequence grouped shapes created from vector layer

Steve Nicholl

Hello there,

I'm trying to sequence a set of layers that have been created from a vector layer...

Basically I've imported an image from Illustrator, and converted it to a shape layer, I then want these shape layers to fade up sequentially, but it appears that they are one group which I can't sequence. I know I can do it manually but these shape layers are made up of 100's of sub layers. Is there a way to automate this? I'll take way way too long to do it manually!

Here's hoping!!

Thanks,

Steve

• 1. Re: Sequence grouped shapes created from vector layer
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

If you created many layers from just one layer, you can then use the Auto Sequence Layers command.  Set the duration of the layers to as many frames as you want.  You can then nest the comp in another and use it like a piece of footage.

If that's what you want to do.  What you're actually trying to do isn't quite clear because it isn't phrased in the arcane terminology of After Effects, which helps clarify things.

• 2. Re: Sequence grouped shapes created from vector layer
            Steve Nicholl Level 1

Ahh thanks Dave, what I did in the end was use the "Release to layers" command in Illustrator to separate all the layers, then when I imported the illustrator file into AE the layers were already on their own individual layers to animate with. Then I used Auto Sequence to space then timing out.

The mistake I was making was not getting my illustrator file correctly set up in the first place.

Thanks,

Steve