Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo all prerecs ar ok (I think so):

-same wireless network

- new WIN10 Computer

- Dreamweaver cc17

- Coockies an Javascript on

If I start "Live Ansicht" in Dreamweaver and activate Device Preview ... then I scan QRcode with IPad ... start savari on Ipad

---> Login with Adobe Account on IPad .... URL will be displayed ... but withe screen !

If I go with mouse in Dreamwaever over meassage "IPad mobile Safari (v10)" ; see red pointer, then will be displayed a meassage on IPad

(see 2. picture)

What is

b1.gif

b2.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Hi,

Firstly, you need to make changes in the httpd.conf file of wamp-->apache, as per your search it is the third file from the top or just goto the location C:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.4.23\conf\httpd.conf to find the right file to edit.

Secondly, you need to provide the folder location in the tag and not just the site name. It should be like:

<Directory "C:\wamp64\www\">

Options Indexes FollowSymLinks

AllowOverride all

Require all granted

</Directory>

Do not forget to save the file and rest

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see How to troubleshoot issues with Device Preview in Dreamweaver

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this document !

My understanding is, that I have connection between IPad and dreamweaver (see document  - screenshot from IPad)

b2.jpg

But if I move the Cursor (red arrow in document 1) into the "Live-Prewiew - html-document ... the IPad display is empty !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try on another browser on your iPad? I checked with a colleague, and he thinks that it could be an issue with a JavaScript conflict on Safari.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo Preran,

I have tryed also Chrome on IPad and IPhone. The same problem...

Where I can change settings for Chrome on IPad ? (in case of wrong settings)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am out of ideas. I suggest getting in touch with Adobe Custome Care Contact us | Adobe  for further investigation.

If your issue is resolved, please return to this forum and post the solution here for the benefit of other users with a similar issue.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this work previously, if it did -

Have you gone into the iPad settings and cleared your browser cache and app data?

Unlike previous versions iOS V10+ now stores user data, in older iOS versions the browser cache was cleared when one powered the device down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,

it never works.

But I think, that there is a connection between Dreamweaver and IPad. WIN10 computer has adress 192.168.2.101 and Ipad 192.168.2.107.

If I move the cursor (hand symbol) over the screen to "IPad mobile Safari (v10) ... on IPAd I get a content:

mi.jpg

Then I move the cursor (now as arrow) over the live preview on WIN10 computer, the content on IPad switch to a blank page.

oi.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on a shared network, or one specific to your computer?

If it is on a shared network system, then device preview will not work until a dedicated node port is assigned and your system administrator allows the node.js port access to the localhost server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I find a description, to setup my homenetwork (port configuration) for device preview ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is in the document that Ben linked to -

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/using/device-preview-troubleshooting.html

Under the section titled -

Advanced troubleshooting

Couldn't launch the Device Preview service

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,

I read the document thre times... but no idea.

Please watch my film for better understanding: trim 0BE6558C 16A9 4B43 8C69 DC3E588428B0 - YouTube

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mdvB7z5ubpg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks as though you are getting a connection but no html is being allowed through the firewall of the server is not allowing this.

It may be best if you follow Prerans advice and contact customer care -

http://adobe.ly/21iudtV

Trying to talk someone through setting-up their computer/server is not something we can really help with successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O/K, I have to agree device preview is in its current form unworkable, if you have connections to other networks.

I tried it this morning whilst I was also connected to my teams testing server and repository, and it failed, (first time I have tried it with this configuration).

To get it to work I had to stop all other connections, (team server and repository) and restart my computer with those services shut-down, it then worked. I do not use github, but I should think that its use may also cause a problem for device preview.

Before I report this, if you have an answer from Adobe customer care, within the next few days could you post it here?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,

yes, if I get answer by support, I post it.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really don't need the Device Preview feature at all. It's nifty but easily replaced by installing a bare bones local testing server.

Once installed and running (maybe 10 minutes if you don't have one already), you just place all of your site folders within the testing server's root (so you don't ever have to "upload" to the testing server) and browse to the site folder on the serving machine from any device connected to your network.

The address would end up something like 192.168.2.101/SiteRootFolder (whatever your root folder is called).

I've never used the Device Preview function, other than to see what it was. Due to the above setup, it's completely unnecessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We need some inputs to help you with this issue:

-Can you please share the site setup details that you are using to test your site? Testing Server details.

-Also, can you see the real time preview of your site on your desktop browsers? Chrome/Mozilla/ IE?

-When you manually type the URL in the iPad browsers, are you able to see any preview?

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,

-Can you please share the site setup details that you are using to test your site? Testing Server details.

here testserver settings:

sbs1.jpg

-Also, can you see the real time preview of your site on your desktop browsers? Chrome/Mozilla/ IE?

Yes, I can.. it works well.

-When you manually type the URL in the iPad browsers, are you able to see any preview?

... the same wrong results

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the inputs, the snapshot shared actually helped to figure out the problem.

So when you are defining your testing server, you need to give the IP of the machine on which the wamp/xampp server is running and not localhost. localhost is recognizable only on your local machine but not on external devices/machines.

Please change the Web-URL from http://localhost/<YourSite> to http://<your machine IP>/<Your Site>

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,

I have changed settings, but ...

img_0043.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is because you have not given access to the server to access your Website directory. You can change this by opening httpd.conf file of Wamp->Apache or Xampp->Apache and change the following:

<Directory "Your Wamp www folder location">

AllowOverride All

Require all granted

</Directory>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,

here my changes in httpd.conf:

#

# Deny access to the entirety of your server's filesystem. You must

# explicitly permit access to web content directories in other

# <Directory> blocks below.

#

#<Directory />

#    AllowOverride none

#    Require all denied

#</Directory>

<Directory /saechsisch-boehmische-schweiz>

AllowOverride all

Require all granted

</Directory>

----------------------------------------------

error remain !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But a question; there are many httpd*.conf files. I changed the first (top on list).

err.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Firstly, you need to make changes in the httpd.conf file of wamp-->apache, as per your search it is the third file from the top or just goto the location C:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.4.23\conf\httpd.conf to find the right file to edit.

Secondly, you need to provide the folder location in the tag and not just the site name. It should be like:

<Directory "C:\wamp64\www\">

AllowOverride all

Require all granted

</Directory>

Do not forget to save the file and restart Wamp server once you are done editing the file.

The issues you are facing now are totally related to Wamp server setup, please contact Wamp Customer Support in case issues still exist.

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo ... success !

Thank you verry much!

I did the following change ... and it works:

<Directory "C:\wamp\www\saechsisch-boehmische-schweiz">

AllowOverride all

Require all granted

</Directory>

But one little problem is new present:

My responsive Page is not scrollable in device preview. On webserver (live) it works well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are happy that we could help you out.

For the responsive pages, we tried with the starter responsive templates that Dreamweaver provides (New-> Starter Templates-> Responsive Starters) namely:

1. Responsive- About Page

2. Responsive- Blog post

3. Responsive- eCommerce

And I can see the preview properly, plus I can scroll it to the end of the page. can you please send us more inputs like snapshots, video clips demonstrating the issue etc.

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines