• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get rid of red line in links on Indesign

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I am currently facing a problem with my links in indesign. A red line is appearing at the upper right

corner of my adobe Illustrator link. Below is a screen shot of the project i am experiencing the problem with.

Its a business card. For business purposes, I blocked out all information.

Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 3.45.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 3.52.28 PM.png

....I know its kind of hard to see but if you take a closer look, there is a thin red line above the phone icon. I tried deleting it

but it is unclickable. I tried editing the link on illustrator but the red line doesn't show up on the actual file. Please Help.

-Hebron W

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you only getting the line once it's in an InDesign document? If not, it's an Illustrator issue, but I can give you a few things to think about. Is it just on the screen, or does it print with the red line? How is this layout constructed? Are the solid items InDesign shapes, and the illustrations placed from Illustrator? Have you checked that you don't have any strokes on any items? Whether the line is in the InDesign file or the Illustrator file, things can sometimes be hard to isolate if they are part of a group or a compound path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me. I have multiple pages with different people displayed within the cards and I am getting the red line on every page. There are no stroke. I even looked through the Master page and there is nothing there. I haven't printed yet but when I save it as a PDF, the red line still shows up. In illustrator it doesn't show up. The weird part is when i delete the link, the red line goes away.

Illustrator

Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 4.27.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 4.27.39 PM.png

Indesign

Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 4.26.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-09 at 4.26.22 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saving the Illustrator file as .ai or .pdf? If it is PDF make sure you are not flattening it—use the PDF/X-4 preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I save it as a Illustrator file (ai)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you delete the personal info and share an example of the ai file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines