• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Support rep forced a platform change on me and now refuses to correct it

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked a chat support rep to reset the activations on my Windows copy of Photoshop CS6 so I could put it back on my Windows machine, which was recently reformatted. Instead, a few hours later I got an email saying that "as a one-time courtesy", he canceled my Windows serial and replaced it with a Mac one, which is nearly the exact opposite of what I asked him to do. After more than 12 hours of chat "support" and email back and forth, I've spoken to at least five different reps who have agreed that this was a mistake made by their support rep and that I did not ask for them to change my platform, but who all insist that this obvious mistake cannot be corrected because it's "against policy" to swap platforms twice, even though I didn't ask them to do it in the first place and just want them to fix their own mistake. Repeated (I counted - it was literally 40 times) requests for escalation were completely ignored.

I'm at the end of my rope - this entire situation is completely unacceptable, and anyone who put even the slightest amount of effort into looking at the situation would know that. More than 12 hours of attempts to get this addressed through the official support team have been met with nothing but truly profound incompetence. I just want this Kafkaesque nightmare to end and these asinine actions taken by Support corrected so I can get my very, very expensive software back into a condition where I can actually use it.

I know this isn't directly related to Creative Cloud, but the Photoshop forum suggested I ask about it in here as there is no subforum for activation issues or for seeking help dealing with the failings of the chat support team. If anyone has any idea who else I can contact about this, I'd really appreciate the help. It's obvious that Support has no intention of actually addressing this problem, even after admitting they caused it entirely on their own.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Thank you for checking in, Rajashree. After exhausting all other options, I shared my story on Twitter and after it garnered a significant number of responses whoever runs your social media finally stepped in to actually address the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try contacting the following person by private message:  https://forums.adobe.com/people/Rajashree%20Bhattacharya

I cannot promise anything, but it might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nowaygoaway,

Sorry for the delayed response, upon investigating , I found that you did receive a windows serial number for Photoshop Extended 13 on 1/15/2017.

Please let me know if any further assistance is required by us. You may leave a personal message to follow up.

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for checking in, Rajashree. After exhausting all other options, I shared my story on Twitter and after it garnered a significant number of responses whoever runs your social media finally stepped in to actually address the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines