• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Part of LR Catalogue is not Accessible

Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workflow is set up by calendar year.  Recently I upgraded to LR 6.8 to allow me to download photos from my Canon EOS 5D Mk IV.  On January 1 I created file folders for 2017 identical to those for other years (using the "New Folder" option" and several days ago started downloading to those folders.  However, in doing a search, I find that the 2017 files are not listed: everything stops at 2016.  The folders I created show up at the top of the drive listing, but 2017 seems to be gone.  Everything was fine until I opened Lightroom 6.8 today: 2017 has disappeared.

The weird thing is that when I develop a file and export it to my processed folder, the original folders all show up during the saving process as valid Lightroom folders.  But the 2017 folders previously set up during the "save as" operation on January 1, now suddenly refuse to appear in the files list in my drive.

How do I get them back? Or how can I recreate the folders so that Lightroom will actually allow me to access them?  I cannot just recreate the folders, since my "Export" function already shows the files as being there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Adding to DJ's list:

In Lightroom's Folders panel, make sure the tree shown there looks like it does using Finder/Explorer.

As needed, right-click on a folder, select "show parent".

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can think of 2 possiblities

1. The photos are being accidentally imported into a different folder (not the 2017 folder that you want). Are the photos visible in Lightroom's grid if you click on All Photographs and then search for them by file name?
  2. This is a bug in Windows (you didn't say what operating system you use) that only shows a limited number of folders in a list (I believe the limit is around 1600).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to DJ's list:

In Lightroom's Folders panel, make sure the tree shown there looks like it does using Finder/Explorer.

As needed, right-click on a folder, select "show parent".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much, everyone.  The "show parent" hint did it. I just went through the steps, and it is back. DJ, I should have stated my OS, which indeed is Windows.

Here's hoping it stays put.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines