• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions - and .ACSM file or URL link

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ... I am so frustrated I have spent all day long trying to get my ADOBE Digital Editions working.

I had an ebook I have been waiting on for ages to come free for me to download to read from my local library, doing so I got error message in my ADE stating that there was an error, this happened once before on a book that didn't bother me if I read or not, it was only to read whilst waiting for today's book to come free.  Downloading I got the error message again, so I contacted my Library to be told that there have been problems before and that if I was using an older version of ADE to uninstall and reinstall with a newer version.

Upon this advise I did as I was asked to do, and installed a newer version.  Went through all the installations, Authorized ADE on my DESK TOP PC and opened up the new version of ADE ready to receive the book from my library ... What happened .... NOTHING ... I then spent 2 hours on the phone to the Library technician who spent ages assisting me with no success, and said that he had done all he could to help and to contact ADOBE so I did had a chat on line with 2 people who get paid to help and do absolutely nothing but direct me to this forum where I was told I would have someone live to chat with to try and solve the problem, NO SUCH LUCK ... reading some things I think there is a problem with ACSM which is from what I can figure out an ADOBE link that is missing from the ADE program, my old version that I was to to Uninstall ADE was linked to a URL link when I downloaded an ebook, but not now for some reason

CAN  ANYONE HELP I am at my whits end and totally Peed off, I have so much studying to do without mucking around with stuff like this and I need this for my study as my Library has some books I need to read which has information for my studies also

SO can someone from ADOBE or any one kind enough to help me get my local Library and ADE back talking to each other please

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok Guys ... after spending all day yesterday puzzling over all this, I have managed to get one of my public Libraries back on ADE, but not with the new version 3.0 or 4.5, my theory with the .ASM file seems to be the problem with 3.0 and 4.5,

I have had to find my old version of 1.72 which I found on  www epubsoft.com/soft/adobe-digital-editions, I downloaded this to mty desktop pc, then I went into my Default Programs and Associate a file type or protocol with a program ... open this  ... there you will find a file .acsm with the extension saying Unknown Application, high light the file then click change you will then find Adobe Digital Editions ... select that and press change, this will change the ACSM file from Unknown Application to Adobe Digital Editions, then if you open your digital editions hopefully you will be back in some action.

HOWEVER I DO STRESS that this does not work on versions 3.0 or 4.5 for windows, someone else may have some clue but I have not and have not got time to spend another day fiddling, I have Study to get back to .... HOPE this helps some of you and if someone has any other ideas that may help my other library get back on track I would appreciate any feed back for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok I am back on line with both my Libraries, much of a fiddle, but with help from both Bolinda and Overdrive e-Books I can now access both, how you may ask ....

Download Version 1.72 and link up ADE with the ACSM file this is for Bolinda, and for Overdrive download Version 2.0 of ADE, run them side by side and you will get to be able to access both.   

I am happy i have got both my sources back.

Maybe this may help for some of you for you resources.

Good Luck & hope you get your issues sorted soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines