6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2017 8:41 AM by trshaner

Lightroom Enfuse Ghosting / Blurring issue

trev-pdx

I've been using Enfuse for some time now for real estate photography, and I'm having some troubles now...I just picked up a new computer, so I had to reinstall Lightroom and the Enfuse plugin, and both seem to be working just fine. I'm taking photos with a Canon 5D and a very stable tripod, so there is no shake or blurriness at all. However, when the photos go through the whole Enfuse process, they look how they should for the most part, except for one issue - they seem to have this kinda blurry effect in some areas, as if the images aren't aligned.

Does anyone know what the issue could be here? I haven't uninstalled / reinstalled it yet, perhaps I'll try that, but I'm puzzled as to why it's not working like it did before. Any help/input would be much appreciated!

• 1. Re: Lightroom Enfuse Ghosting / Blurring issue
          trshaner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Try Enfuse with the below Auto Align option checked. If still the same please post a screenshot showing the blurring.

• 2. Re: Lightroom Enfuse Ghosting / Blurring issue
            trev-pdx Level 1

Thanks for the reply, that's exactly what I thought the issue could be...I've tried it with both on and off several times, and I keep getting the exact same result. Here are a few examples, cropped down to where the blurring is happening...

blur1.jpg

Any help is much appreciated!

• 3. Re: Lightroom Enfuse Ghosting / Blurring issue

This is an Enfuse alignment issue. Please post a Grid View screenshot of the bracketed image files you're using. I suspect one or more of the images has an issue that Enfuse has trouble aligning. Check each individual image file at 1:1 View for any visible blurring using compare mode as follows:

1) Select all of the bracketed image files.

2) Go to Compare mode with the first image file "most selected" and then the 2nd image file in Compare as below:

3) Set to 1:1 Zoom View an use the X<Y icon to switch between the two image files while focusing on just the left most Compare image. Look for any change in position or unsharpness.

4) CTRL + Right-Click on the Compare image with the Black Diamond to review the next image. Continue until all images have been compared to the first image file at 1:1 View.

• 4. Re: Lightroom Enfuse Ghosting / Blurring issue
                Theresa J Adobe Community Professional

Is it possible that you have applied a lens correction in Lightroom to some but not all of the bracketed images? I ask because I have made this mistake before and ended up with a similar result.

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Lightroom Enfuse Ghosting / Blurring issue
                  richardplondon Level 4

Theresa J wrote:

Is it possible that you have applied a lens correction in Lightroom to some but not all of the bracketed images? I ask because I have made this mistake before and ended up with a similar result.

Or an Upright correction, or any other Transform.

2 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Lightroom Enfuse Ghosting / Blurring issue

richardplondon wrote:

Theresa J wrote:

Or an Upright correction, or any other Transform.

That will do it!

As an FYI:

LR's PhotoMerge to HDR applies no settings to the bracketed image files. Camera Profile and Transform settings applied to only some of the bracketed image files will not cause any issues. Settings in the "most selected" bracketed image file is applied to the HDR DNG after it is created.

LR's Edit In> Merge to HDR Pro in Photoshop applies Camera Profile and Transform settings along with numerous other settings. Settings applied unequally to the bracketed image files will cause the same issue observed with the Enfuse plugin.