2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2017 11:18 PM by D Fosse

Image size ppi changes from 72ppi to 200ppi when opened from Bridge to Photoshop CS6

matthewd51378360

Please gener7 do not answer this!

I have posted this looking for help and have gotten some really sketchy answers.  I am hoping to find someone who actually know this and can help.

I have in the past opened a file with the dimensions of 5184X3456 @72ppi.  This metafata would show in bridge and then when file size was checked in Photoshop.  Now when I open a file, any file, it will show in PS for image size 5184X3456 but at 200ppi.  I am guessing this is a preference that has somehow gotten changed but I do not know where.  The only update I have done is a recent update to lightroom.

I am using Photoshop CS6 and Adobe Bridge for my work flow.  When I view the metadata in Bridge it shows a file size of 5184X3456 @ 72ppi.  When I open that same image in CS6 and check the image size without altering it the size is 5184X3456 @ 200ppi.  What preference has been changed to change the ppi size?  This is a new situation for me as I have used PS for many years without this problem.  I am using Windows 10 and Photoshop CS6.