We have 2 issues with our Acrobat XI Std v11.0.18.
1) This by design. Later versions of Acrobat (SUBSCRIPTION VERSION ONLY) have the option to turn this off (for new files only).
2) What do you see instead, that first time?
1) So in my licensed version I can not turn this off and that is why I dont have enable PDF thumbnail previews for windows explorer? Is this new for XI Standard
2) Just a blank view as if you were to open adobe via a shortcut or executable.
thanks for the reply
1) Not in the old Acrobat XI. It's a feature of the current version Acrobat DC, subscription ONLY (not permanent license).
2) So, do you have all the other window stuff around it? What does It say across the title bar of the window, in full?