• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slide show Images are blurry on phones with a responsive site

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have designed a responsive site and the images look fine on desktop and tablets but slide show images are blurry on phones.

Tech support has not been able to offer a solution. It seems that images are sharper when they are not scaled down in size so I have tried to find a way to build a new slide show in the two smaller phone breakpoints with images only 375 pixels wide, the exact size of my window but when I upload in Muse I see a warning that my images are not large enough. I would appreciate some guidelines for how to solve this problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Could you please share the URL of your site so we can have a look at it?

Also, try the suggestions mentioned in this post - Image Resolution

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush,

I spoke to Adobe today and they suggested saving images to the exact size at 300dpi for  largest breakpoint.

That would be 905 x 603 pixels. I did that with two images on the site that I'm working on. The URL is zacharycava.net.

I have replaced two images in the amphibian section, #6 and #7,the wood frog and Eastern Newt. When I look on my phone they don't look any sharper than before.

Thank you,

Denise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide us with the URL of your website so that we can investigate further.

Also see this article Using images and other objects in Adobe Muse  for ideas on what could potentially be going wrong with your images.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran,

The URL is zacharycava.net.

Also, I have the file set up as centered but at certain breakpoints the logo on the left jumps around. Is it better to set up as left alignment to keep the logo at a fixed distance is the left margin?

Thanks,

Denise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can pin the logo to left in order to keep it at fixed left position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried clearing the cache of your browser and see if any change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I cleared the cache and it doesn't help. The images are still blurry and only look sharp when I turn the phone sideways.

Can you please explain a solution so that the images are sharp on  mobile and desktop?

Thank you,

Denise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to File>Site properties and see of you have set the resolution to "HiDpi 2x"

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ankush,

The site was set to standard and I tried HiDPI as well and uploaded again. That doesn't help.

The images are sharp on mobile when they are NOT in a slide show but the same images are blurry on phones in the slide shows.

There has to be a solution to this problem that I have been trying to solve for weeks. This is very frustrating!

Best,

Denise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines