• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encore CS5.1 issue - Not burning to Blu-ray player Recurring issue ?

Engaged ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Encore burns  Blu-ray for Computer not Sony Blu-Ray Player to a TV monitor

This question is Not Answered.(Mark as assumed answered)

Bob DixLevel 2

Why is a Premiere Pro video sequence at 1920 x 1080p sent to Encore being burnt to play on the computer and not a Sony Blu-ray player.?

We have done many successful blu-ray burns , why is this happening now ? Using the same Dell T5500 server computer. File information is mpls.

The resulting Blu-ray disc can play on the computer , then imported to Premiere Pro on a Dell M6600 and then the exported disc is then playable on a Sony Blu-Ray Player ,using Encore ?  Screen Drop Encore CS5.1.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Hi Bob

It seems that you have used the correct form, so the glitch is indeed a mystery.

Main thing is that it is now working again though.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you build to image and burn from each machine, same result?

What brand and type of disk?

Please post a screenshot of your Encore flowchart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you build to image and burn from each machine, same result?

Stan,

Premier Pro CS5.5.2.jpg

This is a screen shot from the Dell Precision T5500  from Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5.2 and sent to Encore, where it says timeline is burnt to Blue Ray disc, but , the disc will only play on computers not the Sony Player.

When the same sequence is sent from the Dell Precision M6600 , it will play on both computers and burns the blu-ray which is recognised by the Sony Blu-Ray Player and plays on the Sony monitor.

What brand and type of disk?

Verbatim BD-R 25 GB  at 6x

The original question contains the screen shot of Encore CS5.5.1, (I have reinstalled this , the software) on the T5500 but, the result is the same.

I might add ,over 500 blu-ray discs have been burnt using Encore from the T5500  successfully, until this happened in Oct 2016. and reoccurring, Is it caused by pushing the capacity of the disc nearly to it's limit , that is 25 GB the sequence is 24.75 GB.

But, it does produce an excellent disc playable on both computers, but, not on the Sony Player ?

I am truly baffled.

Could it be a Windows 7 Professional , issue ?

Premier Pro CS5.5.2  Encore CS5.1 Screen shot..jpg

Updated Encore CS5.5.1 Screen Shot.   x  See the capacity of the disc is nearly full ? The play back in Encore is faultless.

The Sony Player is a BDP-S380/S383

Properties of the disc says;

AVCHD Video .m2ts also

Read only ?

it appears after producing a small Tv commercial of about 1.5GB , it did finalize the disk and it would play on the Sony Player, i am still not convinced that was the only problem, but, it did work ?

Disk Finalized.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*If you build to image and burn from each machine, same result?+

Stan,

What do you mean build to image.?

I have never done that befor.

But, on on going into that there was no build , it was greyed out.

So, i went back to Create using Current Project.

And with a new disk, it worked , faultlessly?

I would love to know what is going on ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You set the build type to DVD or BD image, and must specify a path.

So it worked with a new burn?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes,it did.

BUT,  I did change disks,  etc.   and I am not sure which fixed the problem ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Stan was asking is "did you try exporting the project to an ISO image, instead of writing directly to a BD-R disc".

I would try a couple of things:

1 - Output to a Blu-ray legal H.264 file, and not use Dynamic Linking - Encore is happiest when fed with spec compatible elementary streams.

2 - Output to an ISO image and not an actual disc - you could also try outputting to a Blu-ray folder, and then run something like IMGburn in EZ-Picker mode and write files/folders to disc selecting the BDCMF & Certificate folders.

These approaches are usually stabler in my experience

One other thing to be very careful of - always, and I mean without fail, always burn to the slowest speed combination your media & burner will allow.

Running at 6x might be the slowest, but I suspect 4x will work just as well. SLower if the combo is supported (IMGburn will automatically set the speed for you if you "accidentally" set it too slow, so if using that tool and for example setting to 2x, if that speed is not supported IMGburn will tell you this and set the slowest speed available. Never burn at maximum speed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil.,

Your advice is noted and appreciated. 

"One other thing to be very careful of - always, and I mean without fail, always burn to the slowest speed combination your media & burner will allow."

Yes, i will.

At the moment all blu-ray disks are burning correctly, doing what I did for the previous 500+ "Create using current project  and build to Blu Ray "

Why there was a hic-up is a mystery ? I do use Blu Ray H.264 files.

I have made a careful note of you advice and will use it if necessary.

Thank you,both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob

It seems that you have used the correct form, so the glitch is indeed a mystery.

Main thing is that it is now working again though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have another problem.

I have a Blue Ray disc that will play on a Sony BD-R player to a Sony Bravia Monitor but, I cannot open the disc on the computer for the recovery of photos and video data.

How do I play the disc on the computer ?

It was authored in Encore back in 2008 from a Premiere Pro Project .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines