Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Running ouf of memory in preview

Engaged ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

when using key-light 1.2 on 4K GH4 footage in AE latest version I you run out of memory although I have plenty left. Any idea to fix this?

Thanks, Alex.

Unbenannt.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing to try: purge all memory & caches.  It would also be enlightening to know what you consider to be "plenty of memory".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a lock at my memory usage in the task manager lots is left. I also did clean my cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Alexander Eberhard,

Sorry to see you having trouble with too much memory usage and working with effects. I have similar results with around 16 GB RAM and 4K Long GOP footage on my Mac. However, on my PC I have 32 GB RAM and I can preview a lot more footage.

Can you try some different footage and see if you get the same results? Let us know if you make any progress or if you find a solution for better RAM usage besides adding more physical RAM.

Adding more RAM is what I would suggest as it seems to make a huge difference between my two systems.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines