3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2017 11:22 AM by royp96142017

Pictures Open Black and White

royp96142017

Can anyone help please?

Today I installed the free trial of photo shop. It was working fine and when I opened a new picture it was in its original colour. I was playing around with it and the picture went to black and white. (Unfortunately I can’t remember what I pressed to make it go black and white). The problem I now have is every picture I open on the Photoshop work space comes up black and white.

How do I revert back to the original setting please?

[Title edited by moderator for clarity]

• 1. Re: Pictures
          Nancy OShea Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Did you try closing Photoshop and restarting it?

Nancy

• 2. Re: Pictures
            Terri Stevens Adobe Community Professional

Hello Roy and welcome to Photoshop. I can't think what you have done here if every picture you open is in black and white as there isn't an easy way to make it do that. I suppose it is possible you have somehow set a greyscale color profile or maybe you have a fancy monitor with a control that lets you switch it to greyscale. Rather than speculate as this is a new install just restore the Photoshop defaults, by pressing control-K or command-K and in the dialog below press the 'Reset Preferences on Quit' button. Then restart Photoshop.

reset.png

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Pictures
              royp96142017 Level 1

I closed photoshop then restarted it. It’s working correctly now and I appreciate how quick you responded.  Keep your eye on me because I’m as computer literate as a cabbage.

As Arnie would say - I’ll be back

Thanks again guys