• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with Importing from Canon M5

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my Lightroom to 6.8 so I could import from my new Canon M5. I shot some test RAW photos and they look fine sitting on my hard drive before import. The first view on import looks fine and then they all change to odd psychodelic colors with vertical or horizontal banding, depending on whether i was in landscape or portrait orientation.

Anyone else experience this or have a solution?

Here's an example:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

This looks like corrupted files, caused by failing hardware - could be camera card, usb cable, card reader, hard drive or RAM.

The images look ok in the OS, LR import dialog and initially in the LR Library because you are then seeing the raw file's embedded jpg.

Corruption typically affects only the raw files and not the embedded jpgs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try disabling the Graphics Processor in your Lightroom Preferences > Performance

Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John. Did that. Shutdown LR and then restarted to assure the setting was read. Deleted previous photos and imported them again. Same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, new computer built in July 2016 to Adobe specs. Don't think it's that cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like corrupted files, caused by failing hardware - could be camera card, usb cable, card reader, hard drive or RAM.

The images look ok in the OS, LR import dialog and initially in the LR Library because you are then seeing the raw file's embedded jpg.

Corruption typically affects only the raw files and not the embedded jpgs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Per. I appreciate your insight.

I think you are correct. Tried this SD card in a different camera (after formatting) and it worked fine. Then tried another faster card in the M5 (after formatting). Both sets of test images imported to Lightroom fine. I think that eliminates any parts of the computer or card reader as issues as all that is the same throughout all these tests.

Will keep experimenting, with fingers crossed that it doesn't happen again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines