• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving 3rd party plugins from Mac to windows?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm switching my work station from mac to a windows system.

I've copied my plugins from mac to (Windows) Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects\Support Files\Plug-ins

but I don't see them in Adobe After Effects, even when I restart the system.

So I've searched a bit on the internet and they say there are 'mac only' plugins. How can I see if they are 'mac only' or not?

Is it even possible to move my 3rd party plugins from mac to windows?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Elke

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

You can't move plug-ins from Mac to Windows, only scripts. Plug-ins are compiled for the operating system they're going to be run on and aren't universal (Macs have a .plugin extension and Windows ones have a .aex extension). How did you install these plug-ins in the first place? Sometimes you'll have a Mac and Windows installer available to you when you purchase a plug-in, other times you'll be able to go back to the account/download page you purchased the plug-ins for and download a Windows in

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't move plug-ins from Mac to Windows, only scripts. Plug-ins are compiled for the operating system they're going to be run on and aren't universal (Macs have a .plugin extension and Windows ones have a .aex extension). How did you install these plug-ins in the first place? Sometimes you'll have a Mac and Windows installer available to you when you purchase a plug-in, other times you'll be able to go back to the account/download page you purchased the plug-ins for and download a Windows installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines