1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 20, 2008 7:02 AM by M|S

RH7 Crashes when Generating

M|S
      When I try to generate, it will go through the initial steps, at least enough to bring up the progressbar, and then give me a message that RH has encountered an unhandled error and asks if I want to debug in Visual Studion (I have VS installed on my machine).

If I select No, RH closes and that's it.

If I select Yes, Visual Studio in debug mode and gives me the following message:

"Unhandled exception at 0x0ddba296 in RoboHtml.exe: 0xC0000005:
      Access violation reading location 0x106c9000."

That means nothing to me, but might be a clue to someone.

I have a sneaking suspicion that snippets are involved.

A while back, I used some snippets, and I had the same problem (crashing) until I reconfigured them a little.

Then when I tried to generate today, I figured it was those snippets, and I found that although the .hts file for the snippet still existed in my project file, but it did not show up in my snippet pod. I (re)imported the snippet, regenerated, and it worked.

Since these snippets were causing me such trouble, I decided to just delete it. I selected the option to delete the snippet and replace with actual text.

That didn't work; the snippet reference was still there in the html.

I deleted all the references to the snippet, and copied in text.

Now when I try to generate I have the same problem of the application crashing. I suspect that there is a reference to it lurking somewhere.

Anyone know what files they make references in, or what else might cause this problem?

• 1. Re: RH7 Crashes when Generating
          M|S Level 1
          I figured out how to fix this, so I'll add it here in case anyone else experiences a similar problem. Still not sure what caused it though.

By simply deleting all of the files (from the previous generation and publishing) in the destination folder, I was able to successfully generate and publish.