• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview not updating/refreshing. Purging memory & disk cache only workaround I know?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all -

I just updated to AE CC 14.0.1.5, and I'm still having the same problem. It's happened to me while updating things inside of precomps where the main comp wouldn't reflect the change unless I purged my memory & disk cache or switched to a different preview resolution (Full to half for example). Right now I'm having the issue with Paint. I'm painting inside of a layer and it's working ok until I undo a paint stroke and I see no change in preview. The paint stroke has been deleted, but I don't see a change reflected in preview unless I purge the memory & disk cache again. This is SUPER ANNOYING. Has anyone else had this problem or found a solution?

Thanks!

If it helps at all, I'm working on a late 2014 iMac running El Capitan 10.11.5

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi KirstenL,

Sorry for this frustrating issue. I've definitely been there before, usually due to either low RAM amounts on my system, larger footage types or both.

We'd love to help. Can you give us a little more info to go on? Please let us know more so we can help you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines