• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forgot password required to Remove Security for Protected > Encrypted PDF

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In need of assistance retrieving password I enabled in order to PDF document.  I understand how to remove the security feature, itself. However, I am desperately in need of assistance reclaiming/ resetting the password required to Remove Security for Protected > Encrypted PDF File in the dialog box FOLLOWING Tools > Protect > Encrypt > Remove Security> ????? Forgotten Password Any assistance anyone can provide is most sincerely appreciated; even if I am S.O.L., at least I know where I stand.lockedforgot document password

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remember the password, use a un-protected version from your backups, or re-create the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

How do I re-create the file? 

I tried, what I think you mean, save under a different name, but that version also had the Password protection. 

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. As a matter of fact, the more detail the better- I am new to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recreate as in "start again". Don't lose your password, Adobe do not give a back door, master key, or unlock service...if they did, other people would be unlocking your file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this password prevent you from opening the PDF file or does it only prevent modifications of the PDF file?
Because that changes everything to the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can still open the PDF, but I cannot modify/edit!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1- Open the document in Acrobat Pro DC/ Acrobat Reader DC
2- On the top of the document, check if it says certified by Adobe sign and document name will have secured with the name.
In that case, you won't be able to edit the PDF.
You may try a workaround if you have Windows OS.
Follow these steps for the workaround:
1- Choose print option
2- Select printer as- Microsoft print to PDF/ Adobe PDF
3- Save the file locally
4- Open the saved file and try to edit the same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines