• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pupils going dummy! PLZ HELP!!!!

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

take a look at my current puppet. My issue is with the pupils. I've been reading other discussions with similar problems but i'm not sure you've responded quite accurate enough for my own issue. I also am using a more anime- based eye (non-circular w/ detailed iris) Which could possibly be the reason why but I didn't wanna go thru any more editing until I have an answer for sure. The eye brows move decently. but the pupils have NO boundaries. I read that OKAY Samurai mentioned adding an invisible box in the eye layer to set parameters but idk if i want to get that detailed. I just want a basic starting template so i can start creating this cartoon series. Thanks for the help in advance Team!

Dropbox - Character Ani

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PSD you sent just seems to have one flat layer. Do you have a version will all the groups & layers? The best type of file to send is a .puppet.

And you may of seen this but it might help:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here's the puppet. sry for the late response I really am eager to get this fixed. lol wife forced me to take a break.

Dropbox - Character Ani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your structure and tagging is the main issue here. There's too much here for me to dig into, but here are tips:

• Follow the structure of the free downloadable example puppets, especially the blue guy from the Window > Welcome panel.
  • Your head has everything inside an extra unnamed group - unless you want head turns, all the face stuff can be directly inside your head group.
  • You have an extra blank "Layer 1" which I'm guessing is the body, but is for some reason tagged as eyeballs and pupil size.
  • The eyes aren't set up correctly. You need a Left Eye and Right Eye group with the pupil, eyeball, and blink layers inside them.

Again, if you follow the blue guy's basic structure, things should work. If Illustrator grouping is too complex you may want to copy and paste your layers into Photoshop for easier customization.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines