2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2017 5:20 PM by D.A.R

Different crop tool in Lightroom & Photoshop

charlotteh20857339 Level 1

Why is the cropping keyboard shortcut different in Lightroom and Photoshop?  These are the most closely related applications a photographer will use and certainly in the Adobe collection.  Why is 'R' the crop shortcut in LR and 'C' the crop shortcut in Ps - I mean this is ridiculous.  Why slow the workflow??  As Lightroom does not permit customisable keyboard shortcuts nothing can be changed to help.  Obviously 'C' should be the crop tool throughout, so what is going on in Lightroom ?

• 1. Re: Different crop tool in Lightroom & Photoshop
          dj_paige Level 9
          Why is the cropping keyboard shortcut different in Lightroom and Photoshop? 

Because Lightroom and Photoshop are different software, they don't have to do things the same way.

• 2. Re: Different crop tool in Lightroom & Photoshop
            D.A.R Adobe Community Professional

I understand why you may be perplexed about the R key being the shortcut for the Crop tool but understand Lightroom has a Compare view option so "C" had to go somewhere.

Photoshop has they ability to modify keyboard shortcuts so just so long as one of them is capable perhaps you could change Photoshops to the R key.

Yes I realize the R key is used for the Rotate tool but then I see the Rotation of the canvas as a function and not a tool so press and hold R while rotating just like pressing and holding space  while moving. Spring loaded keys I believe they are called.