• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using a page with comments to replace another page only retains non-blank Note type comments.

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see the summary. I use the Acrobat DC. When I use the feature "Replace Pages", I note that when the replacement has some annotations, for example, typewriters, notes. Only the Note in the replacement pages will be retained. Any other type of annotations will not be retained.

What is more, only the Note which has content, for example, input some text in it, this type of Note will be retained. If it doesn't hava any contents, it will not be retained in the result page.

Why? Is it intent to do so? Or it is a bug?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm... I've just tested this on Mac OSX version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and I can't get it to fail as per your description.

• I used a simple PDF, and I marked it up (commenting tools), using every commenting tool, and also added a blank and a non-blank note.
  • Then did a Save As on the PDF, saved it as a different name.
  • And Replaced the first page with the original document's first page.
  • ALL of the comments are retained.

I then thought let's move the content of the original document around...  I pushed headers down, removed lines that were marked up and replaced the page again.

• Once again all the comments (annotations) were retained, even if they no longer lined up with text for example I had a strikethrough sitting on it's on in the middle of the page as it wasn't covering text anymore.

Can you let us know WHAT version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC you are using, and which platform (Windows, Mac, and the version, e.g. Windows 10). 

Also check that you have the latest version of Acrobat Pro DC installed. See: Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick reply!

Let me give you an example.

I have a Page named A and a page named B. When in the Page B, there are two Sticky Notes. One is B1 which has no content. The other one is B2 which has content in it. Then I open the page A, and use the feature of "Replace Page", then I choose Page B as the replacement. In the result page, I have seen that B2 has been retained while B1 is not.

I am sure you can understand me fully via this example. So is it intent to do so?

I use Acrobat Pro DC on Windows. The version number is 2015.006.30279.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaaah you are doing the exact reverse of what I tried to replicate earlier on.

My best guess is that what you are seeing is intended behaviour...  However having said that I'd expect NONE of the comments to carry across when you use a page with comments to replace a page in another PDF.

So it's interesting to see that when you use a page that contains numerous comment types (e.g. strikethrough, notes etc.), one type does come through and that's the non-blank Note.  I would not have expected that to come across either.

It'd be worth bringing this behaviour to the attention of Adobe. I'll see if I can reach-out and get some feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot!

Waiting for your feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some feedback so far: The tech support consultant I reported this to has sent it to the product team and confirms he can also replicate the issue, so hopefully we'll get some advice on whether this is a feature soon. I'll keep you posted (and if I don't hear back from product team, I'll send a reminder in abt. two weeks time, as guessing these guys/girls are pretty busy so might not be able to look at it immediately).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same issue.  As a work around, I printed the marked-up PDF to a PDF and was able to replace pages with the comments.  Unfortunately, the comments are now part of the PDF and cannot be edited as comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Export the comments to an FDF file, replace the pages, import the comments from the FDF file to the new page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines