You may try the offline installer. Follow these steps
1)Download the uninstaller from: Uninstall Flash Player for Mac OS
2) Open the page: Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac
Under the heading "Still having problems" click on the specific link to NPAPI/PPAPI plugin.
3) Ensure all the browsers are closed. Run the uninstaller and then the offline installer.
If the problem persists, please write back to us.
Is there an error or does the installation just hang at 95% percent? If it returns an error, what is the error? We'll need the Flash Player installation log files to investigate further. Please do the following:
- Review the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh?
- Configure your system to obtain the install.log and FlashPlayerInstallManager.log files
- Attempt to install Flash Player again. When the installation hangs (or returns an error), close out of the installation window
- Upload the install.log file (only the portion related to the Flash Player installation) and the FlashInstallManager.log (entire file) to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud
- Post the link to the uploaded log files in your reply
I will try to do this to see if it helps.
There isn't an error of any kind. It moves fast to install but than once it gets to 95% it just stops moving and won't finish. I will leave it there for a while, but still nothing would happen. And than it won't even quit after that, I have to force quit.
try the following steps:
1) uninstall flash completely
2) restart computer
3) install newest flash
4) restart computer