• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

13x19 borderless printing issue with Lightroom

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a nightmare of an issue trying to print on a Canon Pro-10 printer a 13" by 19" borderless print onCanon Photo Paper Pro Luster LU-101.  Every time I try print it only around 8 x 11.

13x19 photo problem.jpg

I'm using a MacBook with MacOS Sierra 10.12.2.  I'm trying to print from Lightroom CC release 2015.8.  I'm printing from the Print Module with the following settings.

- all margins set to 0

- cell size 12.95 in by 19 in

- page background checked - set to white

- profile managed by printer (although on previous prints I've had the Canon LU-101 selected)

under page set-up

- format for Canon Pro-10

- paper size A3+ 13"x19" 33x48cm borderless

Under the Apple Printer&Scanner preferences

- default paper size set to Super B/A3 (previous attempts set to A3). There is no A3+ option.

FYI, I was able to get it to print borderless in Photoshop CC release 2017.0.1.  I did not change the Apple System Preferences.  I picked the same paper size.  The only extra step that I had do here is under the Scaled Print Size I had to select a height of 13", otherwise the scaled to fit media would leave approx. 1mm border at the top & bottom.

Please let me know if any additional information is required.

Thanks in advance for your assistance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

I was finally able to solve the problem after another attempt.

I must admit that the printer setting dialogue pop-up is less than stellar. Not sure if this is a Mac setting or something from Lightroom.

They key to the solution was the following under the printer setting dialogue:

- select paper handling under the pick list (default is layout)

- select A3+ 13"x19" borderless under the destination paper size

Saved this as a preset

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved the problem by having one of my machine still having OS 10.11.6 El Capitan. Also I am still on Lightroom 2015.7

My main job is printing so i never upgrade OS or program until 6 to 12 months after release. If it is not broke do not fix it.

I have another computer where i test newer versions, but I always have a machine that I do not upgrade once it is working. I have one of my machines on a PC chip.

So you can call Canon technical support and see if they can fix their number is (800) 423-2366 8 to 8 EST

Canon gives free support for the life of the printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was finally able to solve the problem after another attempt.

I must admit that the printer setting dialogue pop-up is less than stellar. Not sure if this is a Mac setting or something from Lightroom.

They key to the solution was the following under the printer setting dialogue:

- select paper handling under the pick list (default is layout)

- select A3+ 13"x19" borderless under the destination paper size

Saved this as a preset

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Can you tell me what parameters I should input to print a borderless 13x19 in Adobe Acrobat?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines