3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2008 2:14 PM by HooMaster

displaying panel infront of iFrame

Benji2008 Level 1
      if anyone can help me out, it would be much appreciated :)

the problem is, the application i'm working on has an iframe but there is also a pop up panel in which info is shown, the problem is that this panel shows up "behind" the iframe..

does anyone know if there's a certain way to force the panel to the front of the application ?

thanks for your time :)

grtz
        • 1. Re: displaying panel infront of iFrame
          Level 7

"Benji2008" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gcv6mj$t5e$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > if anyone can help me out, it would be much appreciated :)
          >
          > the problem is, the application i'm working on has an iframe but there is
          > also
          > a pop up panel in which info is shown, the problem is that this panel
          > shows up
          > "behind" the iframe..
          >
          > does anyone know if there's a certain way to force the panel to the front
          > of
          > the application ?

The iFrame is actually drawn by the browser, not the Flash player. You can
          have the iFrame in front of your Flex swf or behind your Flex swf (as I
          understand it), but you can't sandwich it between pieces of your swf.

HTH;

Amy

• 2. Re: displaying panel infront of iFrame
            adobeflamingo
            I am experiencing the same issue. Is there a way to fix this? Or is there a way to replace iframe to avoid this issue? Thank you for your help.
            • 3. Re: displaying panel infront of iFrame
              HooMaster Level 1
              Because of the way iframes are handled by the browser, there's not really a good way to make things appear in front of them. If you can, you might try using 2 iframes and using the z-index to control which is in front.