• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 1.1 from 2007

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  I am a new photographer and somewhat new to Photoshop and Lightroom.  I am not serious enough to commit to spending the $$ on PS/LR CC right now.  I came across an old PS7 a while back and am successfully using it.  About a month ago, I came across the FIRST LR edition in a thrift shop for just $20!  I was super excited.  I have taken both the LR and PS advanced classes with Shaw academy and have the basic knowledge of both.  My question is:  does adobe still support LR 1.1?  I was hoping to update the software but have been unable to do so.  When I go to the help tab in LR and click the check for updates, it tells me the version check was unsuccessful due to either my internet connection (which is fine) or the server containing the version data is not available at this time.  I was really hoping to update because I would like to be able to import my .CR2 files to work on.  Any help, suggestions and guidance is greatly appreciated!  Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Adobe is only supporting the most current version which is LR6.

LR1 is very, veeery old. You can buy an upgrade to the most current (standalone, perpetual license) for about 80$.

There is also the Photography subscription which gives you the latest LR and Photoshop as well as some other goodies.

Compare Your Options: The Differences Between Lightroom 6 vs. CC | ProDesignTools

If you don't want to upgrade you can use the free Adobe DNG converter to convert to DNG and then import these into LR - howev

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is only supporting the most current version which is LR6.

LR1 is very, veeery old. You can buy an upgrade to the most current (standalone, perpetual license) for about 80$.

There is also the Photography subscription which gives you the latest LR and Photoshop as well as some other goodies.

Compare Your Options: The Differences Between Lightroom 6 vs. CC | ProDesignTools

If you don't want to upgrade you can use the free Adobe DNG converter to convert to DNG and then import these into LR - however, with this ancient version ....

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping to update the software but have been unable to do so.

There is no "update" to Lightroom 1.1.

You can however purchase Lightroom 6 or Lightroom CC 2015 from the Adobe web site.

If you want to import your CR2s into Lightroom 1.1, you can use the free Adobe DNG Converter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"There is no "update" to Lightroom 1.1."

Actually there is.

It can be updated to LR 1.4.1 which was the final version of 1.0 and was released in March, 2008:

Adobe - Lightroom : For Windows

Adobe - Lightroom : For Macintosh

(1.4 was very buggy and was withdrawn a short time after its release.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines