• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat plugin causes problems in Word 2016

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are about to migrate about 2000 computers to Office 2016.

We have a problem when Office 2016 and Acrobat Pro are both installed. We'll submit it to both Microsoft and Adobe.

The problem occurs when Acrobat Pro is present and the plugin is integrated in Word 2016. From Word, if we close a document using the "close document" menu item, the document closes, but the cursor is changed to a spinning cursor. The computer/application (MS Word) is not frozen but the cursor is in spin mode until we move the cursor to the top or bottom of the page (in order to go outside the document portion). If we close the document using the x (top right), the document closes properly. Otherwise, the plugin is functional.

To simplify the problem, I've done a clean install of Windows 7 (without joining the computer to a domain and without any configuration). I then installed Office 2016 (32 bits) and installed all updates (Windows Update AND Microsoft Update). The Word version is 16.0.4456.1003. I then installed Acrobat Pro. I've tried with both version 11 (11.0.18) and DC (15.023.20053), and I reproduced the problem. If I remove the Adobe plugin, the close documents menu item works properly.

I'd like help to fix that problem or at least, to see it fixed in a new update.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still got no response from Adobe...

At Microsoft, they can reproduce the exact same behavior with the latest Windows/Office 2016/Acrobat Pro DC versions. (They used the Acrobat free trial).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Thanks for reporting the issue. We are able to reproduce it at our end.

Since there are no major issues/crashes and there are easy workarounds available to get around the spinning wheel cursor issue:

• Either close the Word application itself instead of closing just the document

(or)

• Move the cursor anywhere outside the Word document pane.

Let us know if these suffice for your use case?

Thanks

Tanvi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines